Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 13, 2013

New DO

New Do

Hair DO that is.
Not too long ago I had purchased a curling wand. Initially I was thinking whats the hype? I have a curling iron and that should be good enough. But I had seen all the reviews on youtube and broke down and bought one. 
Of course I was on a mad hunt to find just the right one and every time I found it, it was ridiculous priced if I do say so myself. One day while shopping around one of those discounted stores I found one for just $10. I figured even if it didn't work for $10, I would be just fine. So I bit the bullet and bought it and fell in love.
When I first started experimenting with my curling wand, I have in a sew in (a weave). One day I had tight Shirley Temple curls which would eventually loosen up as the days went by to give me a lovely natural beach wave look.

After taking my sew in out, I wasn't really interested in curling my natural hair. I am on a natural hair journey and didn’t want the heat to damage my hair. 
But the other day I had this deep desire to wand my natural hair. I figured my hair is about 2 weeks old and needs a good wash and I can deep condition my hair to help out with the heat damage. And again I bit the bullet and wanded my natural hair and immediately feel in love!!!!!!

In the morning they are a little too tight (my curls) and after about an hour or sometimes I’ll just separate the  curls (NOT finger combing) and it looks amazing.
The dilemma now is that everyday I want to wand my hair but of course thats that very healthy to my hair. Now I am on another hurt to figure out how I can style my natural hair to get those same effortless waves without heat and lasting longer than a day.
I hope that you all will leave me some suggestions below and I’ll keep you up to date on what does and does not work for me.
Toodles my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment